Wednesday, September 10, 2014

blog post #1

juxtaposition 
He argued that body language, facial expressions and stock mannerisms function "in juxtaposition to words," imparting feelings, attitudes, reactions and judgments in a different register.
The name of the book is "Why Gen-Y Johnny Can't Read Nonverbal Cues" page #1.
The context clues that helped me understand the meaning of the word were facial expressions and different register because It means that the person was doing two different reactions at a time.
What I liked the most about the movie was it's juxtaposition of action and romance.


mannerism
He argued that body language, facial expressions and stock mannerisms function "in juxtaposition to words, " imparting feelings, attitudes, reactions and judgments in a different register.
The name of the book is "Why Gen-Y Johnny Can't Read Nonverbal Cues" page #1.
The context clues that helped me understand the meaning of the word were body language and attitude because the two words mean the way a person acts and behavior so it made it obvious  what the word meant. I'ts always good to have good mannerisms when going to an interview.


acculturation
How could they, for the "silent language" is acquired though acculturation, not schooling.
The name of the book is "Why Gen-Y Johnny Can't Read Nonverbal Cues" page #1.
The context clues that helped me understand what the word meant were "could they" and "silent language" because that is referring someone else and talking about people that talk another language.
There are many acculturation people out there.


Reflection

In my life backpack, I carry with me many good and bad. The most  important is of course I have my family with me.We always had the basics to survive; All though, I always had difficulties in school in learning, that is the bad thing I carry with me.  Since fourth grade to sixth grade I was going to R.S.P which was an extra class I’ll go to during my regular class hours. At a certain time I would get out of my class and go to the R.S.P class this was to get extra help on everything we would get toughed in school. Than from seventh grade to senior year I was always taking special education classes. I’m calling it a disability, this disability makes me weaker plus I always gotten made fun of since I was a child till now. This problem not knowing much  to read, write, or understand something someone is telling me obviously doesn't help me at all! This impacts me with my academic career this mean I’m going to have many struggles and difficulties in order to succeed in life; but this is not going to stop me from reaching my goal as of being a fashion designer. The learning disability I have not only affects my education status but everything that surrounds me because everything is hard for me if it’s expressing my self, trying to figure something out, know how the freeways run, spelling out something, and also in my soccer team I’m the worst one in the team even though I been playing for four years now. Sometimes I see switched letters too while reading or writing; and right now that I’m in college everything is very hard for me if it’s class work or homework or even taking notes and staying focus while the professor is talking and knowing what she is talking about.  But after all I’m not going to give up it might take me longer to finish school but I will finish with a master’s degree.  I have a great family that supports me; it’s the best quality I carry with me in my “back pack”!


1 comment:

  1. You are so courageous and strong. Your struggles will be well worth the effort when you do become a fashion designer. There is no doubt that you will achieve academic success. Since your mind is already set there is nothing that can stop you. I look forward to seeing you in the fashion word sometime in the near future. Stay positive and never give-up.

    ReplyDelete