Friday, October 17, 2014

post #4

Reflection:

Long-term goal: be a fashion designer
Mid-term goal: get a Masters degree
Short-term goal: understand all my classes, learn everything I need to know.

October 15, 2018

Dear friend,
I have so much to tell you, a lot has happened since the last time I seen you.I been a very successful person, I am a fashion designer, I have my own store, own private label, I travel all over the world to put fashion shows with my designs. All though, I accomplished my goals it wasn't easy at all. I went through so many ups and downs and difficulties and experiences that I knew it was not going to be easy to get where I wanted to get but I didn't give up because I’m not a failure. My first goal I wanted to complete was to understand all my classes and learn everything I need to know in order to succeed my goal. Therefore, I had steps to work on. I corroborated in my classes by not missing any class, doing all my homework, asking the teachers for help if I didn't understand something and listening very carefully everything she would teach in class. If I still didn't past my classes I would retake them again until I’d past them. My second goal was to get up to a master’s degree. I always imagined myself as an affluent person so I wanted to get there; that’s why I was heading for my master’s. I went to Fullerton College got my certificate for fashion design than I got my AA degree there. Next, from there I transferred to Long Beach University for my master’s. It was difficult for me to get to school because I didn't have a car; I would get rides or on the bus. Also it was challenging being in many classes and being in school for so long because years were passing and I still didn't have a job. My third goal of course was to get a job as a fashion designer because I am an aficionado for fashion in apparel. Finally, I did I accomplished and succeeded in my goal; it was all worth it. I am the happiest women ever!    always your friend Janet Esquivias.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    I wanted to say congratulations on getting your associates degree and then your masters degree. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to do that so you should be proud of yourself. Never let go of your dreams and goals that you set. Follow your dreams so that you can keep putting out those awesome clothes we want to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I dreamed of becoming a fashion designer but as it I got older i realized I'm not made to draw as my brothers are they were blessed. As for myself not so much. You must be really good at it and imagine you will succeed and be that happy women you strive to be. Goodluck and never give up. If you need a model I'll gladly accept the offer as I have always wanted to be a model too. LOL too many dreams in my head but i will stick to my sociology/criminology major.

    ReplyDelete